*The Jinn: “You’re a Waliyullah because your father is Waliyy”. I am sorry, YOU’RE WRONG SIR!
* Wilaayah in Arabic language mean: State, Guardianship (Waliyulamri) and Sainthood (Waliyullah).
* Waliyullah mean the saint or a closer servant of Allah. And Waliyyus Shaytan is the opposite of Waliyullah.
* Signs by which His (Allaah) close servants or awliya’ may be known are: faith (Imaan) and piety (taqwa) (Quran 10:62-63), Hadith 38 of Nawawi collection reported by al-Bukhari.
* It is not possible to be certain that a particular individual is one of the awliya’ of Allah, because achieving true faith and piety are matters of the heart that are hidden and can only be confirmed by Allah or mentioned in the Quran or Hadith. Fataawa Muhimmah, p. 83, 84.
Hence waliyullah may be among students, teachers, professionals, farmers, scholars, messengers, carpenters…in as much he/she has Imaan and Taqwa.
* No special appearance to confirm Waliyullah. In many Hadiths, strangers usually ask “Who is Muhammad among you?” because he salallahu ‘alayhi wasalam wore ordinary dress like others and mingled with others…why should Waliy’s dresses special?!
* Status of Waliyullah is not by hereditary and status of Prophet is not by hereditary. (Prophet Nuhu peace be upon him and his son that is a nonbeliever is an example).
* You have to adhere to our ethics, if not we will withdraw your status of Waliyy! So funny, it is Allah that choose Waliy not you sir.
* Extra ordinary event is not a criteria to become Waliyullah and not all extra ordinary events come from Waliyullah. Extra ordinary event/Miracle can be categorized as:
1. Irhas – Irhas is manifestation/demonstration of such thing by a Prophet before [the declaration of] his Prophethood.
2. Mujizah – is manifested after the declaration of Prophethood, Mujizah (miracle).
3. Karamah – If a similar wonder is manifested by a Wali, then it is called Karamat.
4. Maunat – If exhibited by a Mumin (true believer).
5. Istidraj – If such a supernatural manifestation is exhibited by some Kafir (unbeliever) or a transgressor, then it is termed as Istidraj. (Bahar-e-Shariat, vol. 1, pp. 56-58, publication of Maktaba-tul-Madinah, Pakistan)
Many so called Karamahs are Istidraj with the help of the Jinns. I will explain, inshaa Allah.
May Allah grant us understanding of His religion
Link: "Can I Be Waliyy (Saint) Because My Dad Is Waliyy?"